Sunday 8 July 2012

All my rhetorical questions in one go

OK, so here we go. I am new to this blogging business, and would appreciate any advice offered.

Let's start by stating the obvious. I am not an economist! Having got that out of the way, I am free to avoid the academic ball-breaking that would inevitably take place on here, if I was.

My interest is in the practicalities of economic trading systems that stand apart, to a greater or lesser degree, from the mainstream. Is it possible to use existing technology to create a society in which individuals and businesses can trade without using money? I don't have a problem with money. That is, it has no emotional meaning to me. My concern is that many people appear to have a serious problem with the lack of money, and the lack of opportunity to create prosperity for themselves and their families.

Like many of you, I am fortunate by being born in the developed world. We do have opportunity. But things have changed. The current economic crisis has led many people to re-evaluate their situation. The Celtic Tiger has been castrated. Greece is undergoing economic and social turmoil. Portugal, Italy, and Spain are in serious difficulties.

As we live in a global economy, this impacts on all of us. It also impacts on us socially. The depression of the 1930's gave rise to political extremism and, eventually war.

Is it possible, as individuals, to remove ourselves from the chaos going on around us? Can we, as individuals, help each other to trade within a parallel economy?

You know, I think it is possible.

I shall re-visit soon to outline what I consider possible

Mark

1 comment:

  1. Ok, Mark...
    I'm listening :)

    Maria
    http://www.awesomewahm.com

    ReplyDelete